Skilled trades are occupations that require candidates to have certain knowledge, abilities, and skills that apply specifically to their field. A skilled trade education often takes less time than a college degree, and graduates may find high-paying positions more quickly than they would have if they had gone to college. Roles in numerous industries are available to candidates, including:
- Skilled Industrial Trades: Welders, Machinists, Mechanics, Tool and Die Makers.
- Skilled Construction Trades: Electricians, Plumbers, Gasfitters, Carpenters, Bricklayers, and Technicians
- Skilled Service Trades: HVAC, Network Cable Installer
You can start your career in skilled trades in as little as 6 months or less.
Examples of companies hiring these career paths are:
- DeeZee Manufacturing
- Interstate Plastics
- Kinzler Construction
- Turner Construction
- Wolf Construction
- EFCO Corporation
- Tradesman International
- Vodastra Technology
- Anistar Technology
- Free certification training
- Personal and professional development
- Pre-apprenticeship programs
- Direct networking with potential employers
- 1-on-1 career coaching
If you’re interested in this or any other career path offered, click the button below.
A better future awaits our leaders after they complete their chosen six-month career training program. Change Course offers 35 life and career skills that can be adjusted according to the need of the Des Moines area job market. Our corporate partners keep us informed of the skills they look for in good job candidates as their needs change.